When I booked this hotel I was very excited to see if it lived up to the hype I read from other travellers who stayed here. We were pleasantly surprised that it not only met our expectations but exceeded them. Aside from being one of the nicest hotels we’ve ever been to, it was also one of the coolest we’ve ever stayed at.
Dubai is an expensive city and most people assume that hotels there are costly, and for the most part they’re right. Hotels in Dubai fluctuate greatly based on location and rating, but there’s a couple affordable gems in Dubai as well. Rove Downtown tops that list of affordable gems, costing around $120-140 (CAD) per night. The quality of hotels in Dubai is so high that the Rove might be a 3 star but it felt more like a 4+. It also checked every box we had for what we wanted in a hotel, and even some we didn’t but we’re glad to have. Below are some the main amenities and benefits to staying at the Rove Downtown;
- Five minute walk to the Burj Khalifa and Dubai Mall
- 24 hour fully equipped gym
- Fully equipped 24 hour self-service laundry facility
- 24 hour market in the hotel
- Salt water pool with poolside loungers
- Boutique movie theatre inside the hotel
- Comfortable bed, clean and stylish washrooms with daily turn down service
- 24 hour self-serve secured storage facility for luggage
- Table tennis, golf practice, console gaming system(s) with bean bag pillows in the lobby
- iMacs for business and personal use available in the lobby
- Daily shuttle service to La Mer (beach and commercial complex) as well the Dubai Mall
The laundry facility came in handy as we were only in Dubai for a few days and wanted to give our clothes a quick wash. The 24 hour gym was also great as we had a hard time adjusting to the time difference and were sleeping at weird hours. During the day and night the pool has great views of the Burj.
The lobby was beautifully decorated and had a lot of quirk to it, including comfortable chairs, couches, poufs and hipster decor. What tied this hotel together was the well thought out design of not only the furnishings but also the architecture.
The Dubai Mall is the world’s largest mall and is a top attraction for tourists. The mall is open till midnight, so being only a five minute walk away meant we always had somewhere to go or something to do. We ended up using the shuttle service one day to come back from the beach, but for the most part cabs are very inexpensive and Uber is always one click away.